Antony Swindells our Musculoskeletal (MSK) First Contact Practitioner works full time at the Oaklands. First Contact Practitioners are physiotherapists with expertise in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions.
He is here to assess patients with soft tissue, muscle and joint pain and to decide on the most appropriate management pathway. He can perform MSK assessments and support patients who are suffering from any bone, joint or muscle pain.
This includes the following:
- Low back pain
- Neck Pain
- Arthritis symptoms
- Shoulder, hip, knee and foot/ankle pain
- Elbow, wrist and hand pain
- Acute injuries and falls
- Sprains, strains and sports injuries
- Problems with mobility and activity
- Work related posture problems
- Persistent/chronic pain episodes (including Fibromyalgia flare ups)
To book an appointment contact the practice and we can arrange a first contact appointment with Antony.
Antony can not provide help for the following problems:
- Patients that are acutely unwell
- Children under 16
- Medical management of rheumatoid conditions
- Women’s health, antenatal and postnatal problems
- Neurological and respiratory conditions